Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Homemade "Brownies"

I have had the fantastic opportunity over the past nine months to travel all over the country and to Southeast Asia. I absolutely love traveling because it gives me the opportunity to meet new people, try new food, take in beautiful sights and grow as an individual. I have had some amazing opportunities like attending Ralph Sampson's induction into the NCAA Hall of Fame, visiting former students in Minneapolis, Kansas City, Charlotte and Greensboro, watching the Chick-fil-A-Bowl in Atlanta, and playing with beautiful children in Vietnam. I have also had some terrifying experiences like losing my Visa in Vietnam and getting stuck overnight in Hanoi before flying to Laos...the good news? I now know how to navigate the immigration process while traveling abroad.

While I am  on the road, I always bring snacks in my purse. This keeps my energy level up and my disposition happy to deal with any unforeseen travel woas and enjoy my new surroundings.

Here are some of my favorite snacks:
Banana
Apple
Orange
Kashi Crackers
Food Should Taste Good chips
Trail Mix (unsalted nuts, dried fruit, dried cereal)
Homemade "Brownies"

Homemade "Brownies"
I absolutely love making my own fruit and nut bars. This is an incredibly delicious recipe that packs well for long trips.

2 cups dates (pitted)
2 cups walnuts, almond or cashews
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon water

Process all ingredients in food processor or blender. Add more water if the ingredients do not come together easily. Spread batter into a glass pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares and wrap in plastic wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment