Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

One of my best friends, Jennell, made these delectable chicken enchiladas when we were in college and I have been entertaining company with them for years. They are super easy (thank you Mr. Crock Pot) and will leave your guests happy and coming back for more.

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I highly recommend fresh, local chicken)
2 4-oz cans fire roasted green chilis
8 oz low sodium chicken or veggie broth
4 oz lowfat cream cheese
1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper

Put all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Shred chicken when done and add more broth if necessary.

You will also need:
10 whole wheat tortillas
2 cups shredded cheese (I use cheddar but mozzarella or monetary jack would work too)
8 oz enchilada sauce (I really like the Chipotle or Fire Roasted Sauce from Kroger)

Coat a 10 x 13 glass pan with cooking spray and begin assembling enchiladas. To assemble put one ladle of chicken mixture and a handful of cheddar on each tortilla and roll up. Cover tortillas with enchilada sauce and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. OK you won Shane over with this recipe and I can't wait to make them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the enchiladas this weekend and they were amazing! Also, hope you are having a great trip to Italy - cannot wait to hear about it and get recommendations for my trip in May :)

    ReplyDelete