Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

I am a huge fan of pumpkin and Blake and I enjoy having lazy Saturday mornings so these little gems are perfect!

This recipe is adapted from one of Ellie Krieger's recipes. If you haven't used her recipes in the past, I highly recommend them. They are very healthy and tasty!

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup raw sugar
3 tablespoons molasses
1/4 cup oil (this morning I forgot the oil and they turned out great anyway)
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
3/4 c buttermilk (you can add a teaspoon of lemon juice to skim milk if you do not have buttermilk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup pecans (I sprinkle them on top since Blake doesn't love nuts in his baked goods)

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

Enjoy and share with friends and neighbors!!

1 comment:

  1. Ellie Krieger is awesome - I have one of her cook books and all of the recipes we've tried are great (and healthy).

    ReplyDelete